Want to do shows or perform in the USA? Avoid Problems with Immigration

- May/2018

Brazilian artists and their agents are always looking for opportunities to perform shows, presentations or other types of artistic events in the USA. However, one must be aware of US government regulations regarding visas and appropriate conditions, for the arrival of these artists and the performance of their shows. For quite some time, the Immigration Department (USCIS) has been vigilant in enforcing foreign artists’ visas in America, especially with regard to the type of visa the artists and their crew possess. As a result, several Brazilian artists tracked by USCIS for not having the appropriate visas (O or P) have had their events canceled, which has resulted in great losses for the producers, organizers of the shows and, of course, for the artists themselves.

It is critical that both artists and their agents know the appropriate types of visas and other rules that regulate artists coming to the US. Contrary to what many believe, a tourist visa (B1/B2) does not allow any performance related to music, theater, cinema, etc. Holders of tourist visas are not allowed to participate at special artistic/production events, even if they are not compensated for such participation. In order to perform in the USA, it is necessary that both the artists and the members of their support teams (staff) have O or P visas.

With more than 20 years of experience in Immigration services and consultancy, HAYMAN-WOODWARD PLLC is at your disposal to clarify any doubts and assist artists in all stages of the O and P visa application process, thus contributing to a high level of development of the US artist production market.

If you have plans to internationalize your investments, develop business, and begin your expatriation process, it is important to have a team of lawyers with proven experience, acting in several jurisdictions and accredited by their respective governments. Our highly specialized professionals possess the technical skills required to evaluate the best alternatives and meet your needs and expectations.

To know which immigration option best suits your profile and that of your family, in addition to knowing more about the many possible alternatives for your projects to develop successfully, talk to one of our expert attorneys. Schedule a consultation with HAYMAN-WOODWARD now.

Our attorneys will assist you in all the details of your expatriation, at all stages, including business development in the United States. For our law firm, each case is unique and is treated as such, with personalized and individualized solutions.

HAYMAN-WOODWARD PLLC is a Washington (D.C) based law firm, specializing in immigration and federal tax laws. All legal services are provided by duly-licensed attorneys in each jurisdiction.

More News

E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security