We are looking for an experienced Senior Immigration Specialist, that is registered and licensed as OISC level 1, passionate about assisting employees to grow their careers beyond current borders to join our team.
Based in our London office and part of a centralized immigration team, you will guide our clients and teams on immigration policies and procedures across our EMEA and APAC regions.
Actively identifying process improvements focusing on employee experience, maintaining a pulse on immigration legislation, and providing direction as the subject matter expert on immigrant and non-immigrant matters. Additionally, you will assist with global immigration as needed across global projects. This role is ideal for a multifaceted, ambitious, and results-oriented individual.
We offer a competitive salary and a supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development. We would like to hear from you if you are a highly motivated and skilled Legal Advisor, Consultant (registered licensee of OISC level 1), looking for a challenging and rewarding role in multiple practice areas. Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and practice areas of interest.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support and direction on immigration processes and the end-to-end immigration life cycle.
- Assist clients and the business with all phases of the application processes.
- Work closely with our Global Mobility team on Immigration cases.
- Assisted with Immigration-related work on a day-to-day basis.
- Initiate extensions and ensure timely filing of the applications.
- Provide outstanding first-line immigration service; ensure queries in the Case management system are responded to in a timely manner and meet the needs of the customer.
- Provide immigration training to internal partners.
- Partner with our team to continuously improve our internal processes and immigration program.
- Maintain a compliant and organized filing system for immigration-related documentation.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Build and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve operational efficiency.
- Support the Immigration team with any project work.
- Actively participate in sharing knowledge and findings.
You are expected to supervise your cases and may supervise paralegals and secretaries as the company expands.
At least 3 years of EMEA and APAC immigration experience.
Experienced working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
A subject matter expert for immigration matters across all our EMEA and APAC locations.
In-depth understanding of immigration regulations and processes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The best candidates for this position are real-time problem-solvers with an outstanding ability to quickly think, analyze, and find solutions to remove the bottlenecks to positively impact immigration law.
Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, building rapport and maintaining effective relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
Professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to delivering high-quality legal services.
Start date: immediately. Typical workdays are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Location: The position is based in London, UK, on-site, and our client provides no relocation assistance.
Dress Code: Business attire is mandatory; most meetings are video calls.
This job description is a general outline of the key responsibilities and qualifications for the position. It is subject to change based on the firm’s needs and the evolving landscape of immigration law.
Expected Annual Compensation range: £25,000. At will contract, with 90 days of probation experience.
The number of positions: 1 (one) position.
We only contact candidates that meet the minimum with the required qualifications.
Applicants must attach a resume in PDF format, clearly showing the required licenses and experiences. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to HR@HAYMANWOODWARD.COM, referencing “Legal Advisor, Consultant (registered licensee of OISC level 1)” Attention: Ana Paula Montanha, Managing Partner and Co-Founder.
Please note that we cannot accept current clients due to compliance rules and regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired must verify identity and eligibility to work in the UK and complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Approved for LinkedIn and similar publications: Yes.
The global citizen’s guide to immigration and mobility.