We are seeking an experienced Immigration Attorney in the UK to join our dynamic team of immigration law specialists. As an Immigration Attorney, you will provide expert legal advice and guidance to individuals, businesses, and organizations on various immigration matters. Your primary focus will be assisting clients in navigating the complex UK immigration system and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your responsibilities will include:
- Client Consultation: Conduct comprehensive consultations with clients to assess their immigration needs, identify applicable visa categories, and determine the best course of action for their specific circumstances.
- Case Management: Manage a caseload of immigration matters, including visa applications, sponsor license applications, appeals, administrative reviews, and other related proceedings. Prepare and submit accurate and compelling legal documentation on behalf of clients.
- Legal Research and Analysis: Stay updated on changes in immigration laws, regulations, and policies in the UK. Conduct legal research and analysis to provide informed advice to clients and ensure compliance with evolving immigration requirements.
- Sponsor License Assistance: Assist businesses in obtaining and maintaining sponsor licenses, including advising on sponsor license applications, compliance with sponsorship duties, and addressing any license suspension or revocation issues.
- Client Representation: Represent clients before immigration authorities, courts, and tribunals as necessary. Present arguments, make submissions and advocate effectively on behalf of clients to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their unique needs and providing exceptional customer service. Collaborate with colleagues and external stakeholders, such as government authorities and partner organizations, to ensure the smooth progress of cases.
- Compliance and Ethics: Ensure compliance with professional and ethical standards in all aspects of practice. Safeguard client confidentiality and maintain accurate records of client interactions and case progress.
You are expected to supervise your cases and may supervise paralegals OSC1 and secretary of paralegals as the company expands.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a valid practicing certificate in the United Kingdom.
- Extensive experience in immigration law, preferably focusing on business immigration and sponsorship.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK immigration system, including relevant legislation, rules, and procedures.
- Proven track record of handling a diverse caseload and delivering successful client outcomes.
- Fluency in a second language is highly desirable for this position.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- The best candidates for this position are real-time problem-solvers and with an outstanding ability to quickly think, analyze, find solutions to remove the bottlenecks to make a positive impact in the field of immigration law.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, building rapport and maintaining effective relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to delivering high-quality legal services.
Start date: immediately. Typical workdays are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Location: The position is based in London, UK, and our client provides no relocation assistance.
Dress Code: Business attire is mandatory; most meetings are video calls.
This job description is a general outline of the key responsibilities and qualifications for the position. It is subject to change based on the firm’s needs and the evolving landscape of immigration law.
Expected Annual Compensation range: £35,000 to £45,000. At will contract, with 90 days of probation experience.
The number of positions: 1 (one) position.
We only contact candidates that meet the minimum with the required qualifications.
Applicants must attach a resume in PDF format, clearly showing the required licenses and experiences. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to HR@HAYMANWOODWARD.COM, referencing ” UK Business Immigration Attorney.” Attention: Ana Paula Montanha, Managing Partner and Co-Founder.
Please note that we cannot accept current clients due to compliance rules and regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired must verify identity and eligibility to work in the UK and complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Approved for LinkedIn and similar publications: Yes.
The global citizen’s guide to immigration and mobility.